On the Road...

"yet another travel blog..."

Monday, September 04, 2006

Day 5: NE to IA

Drove over to downtown Omaha's Old Market district today. Saw tons of intriging decrepit old buildings and tried to take advantage of them through my lens. Not sure if I did a good job. Since today was Labor Day there was a moderate crowd milling about the shops/restaurants, though it seemed half of them were closed. I am really fascinated by the architecture of downtown Omaha with all its large, rusty, turn-of-the-century, industrial brick buildings still in use. Had some great food for lunch at Upstream Brewing Co., yes they brew their own beer and rootbeer, we saw the vats (or whatever they're called).

I stopped off in one particularly interesting section of warehouses that had a variety of "street" art.













Drove the couple hours to Des Moines, IA. Saw the largest rainbow I'd seen in quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home