On the Road...

"yet another travel blog..."

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back across the US - Day 10: More Arizona

While in Arizona, we visited the Meteor Crater, the "first proven meteorite crater on earth."

The storm-like weather carried over from the previous day and it was extremely windy, especially at the high elevation, unbuffered lookout points (which were all of them). I could barely take pictures for fear of blowing into the crater! (Ok maybe an exaggeration, but still, it was windy!)



Yes, this is an illusion. The "picture box" on this wall outside the Meteor Crater museum is the sky showing through a hole in the wall. It's one of those things everyone is immediately mesmerized by and then takes a picture of (including me).


Look! It's my dad at the bottom of the Crater!*


*Umm... or not. Perhaps it is not true, per se, to say he was in the Crater. Perhaps it was more like in front of (a photo of) the Crater.

Ok so all I have are these odd pictures of things that were around the Crater but are not the Crater. I didn't realize I hadn't actually taken any still photos. The truth is, I took some lo-res videos, which I may or may not post at some point.

But that's it for now, thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Christy,

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Hope you are having as much fun getting home as your Dad is.

The men of FCBC who were a part of the Men4Mission trip to do an extreme makeover on the Navajo tribal lands and nation got a chance to see some "painted desert" from the Navajo insider perspective. Beautiful.

If you want, I can loan you my copy of Through Painted Deserts, Finding God on the Open Road, by Donald Miller. It help my trip to resonate with extra spiritual value.

Ken Yee

June 2, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home